Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stamped Cards

I am not very good at stamping. I have trouble getting a clear, clean image. I would rather manipulate paper for my cards and other crafts. I have played around with my stamps lately to see if I could get any better results. I am still not sure if I have gotten any better at stamping. The practice did make me think of my projects a little differently though so it was worth while. Tell me what you think.
This one was stamped with clear Staz On ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. The large snowflake was cut the the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge, inked, and embossed.  

 This one was just stamped with silver ink.
This one was stamped and covered with holographic embossing powder.

The finished products look ok, but what you can't see is that the embellishments are covering up the blank spaces where I did not get even coverage from the stamp. (I am not sure if I did not get ink in that area or if I am just not applying even pressure.)

With the next card, I used a stamp that I made using the Cricut stamp kit. It is ok, but the ink kind of smears when stamped with the rubber in the kit.
The flower is made from four different sizes of daisy shaped flowers.
I still think I would have saved a lot of time if I had just used patterned paper on this one. :)


1 comment:

JustYolie said...

I didn't know they had holographic embossing powder! That's awesome! The stamping looks great from here...have you tried stamping on top of a foam? It makes a difference...I tried it at the Scrapbook Expo...it's a thick sturdy foam you can get at Michael's in the kiddie section. I was there yesterday and forgot to pick one up...I'll go today and grab one.