Friday, April 8, 2011

Bird Of Paradise and Hibiscus

Well, my cousin finally looked at all the invitation so I can show them now. This is my favorite. She is having a luau for the reception. (This is separate from the actual wedding invitations.)

I got the cut files from Penny Duncan. I cut them out of white cardstock and used TH Distress Ink. The center of the Hibiscus (on invitation) is a pearl stamen that come in white. I colored it with alcohol ink. ( the stamen on the response card is cut from paper so it is flat)

You can go to Penny Duncan's site to get the Bird of Paradise and Hibiscus files. She also has some videos on making them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.......Janie...these are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! What beautiful invitations!!!! I LOVE how the colors POP on them!!!! WOWZERS!!! I KNOW she had to be thrilled beyond belief!!!!!!! Beautiful....simply BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Crafting with Faith said...

These are so gorgeous! The colors are beautiful. Your cousin is so lucky to have someone as talented as you to make her invitations!