Saturday, April 2, 2011

pink stamped flowers



Scripture: Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Challenge: paper piecing

This week there was a play on words: Peace and Piece . I am not sure if that was planned to coincide with April Fool's Day or not. Anyway, it gave me a chance to try something new. I used an old flower set from SU. The set was intended to lay the main color down with one stamp and the shading color with another stamp. I just used the "shading" stamp on colored paper and cut the images out. I am not sure if that is technically "paper piecing" in stampin or not, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

As for the scripture challenge, this was actually a great week for me to be reminded of that verse. I was hurting a lot because of the weather systems coming through our area. When I hurt I don't handle other pressures in life as well. Time after time this week I took my concerns to God and He gave me His Peace. What a faithful, marvelous God we serve!

1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jani - what a pretty card! I love your colours and those flowers! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team