Friday, September 30, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #111;cute skeleton

It is time for another fun challenge over at Paper Cutz.
This week the challenge is to make a project with a skeleton or a skull and crossbones It should be cute, not spooky. Well when I think of "cute" I think of Melin's cut files over at Paper Crafting World. I bought her adorable "Bear-as-a- Pirate".

I put him on a candy wrapper that I embossed.
For the candy wrapper, I took a piece of cardstock that was 5 inches by 6 1/4 inches. I scored along the long side at 2 1/4, 2 1/5, 5, and 5 1/4. Then I ran it through my embossing machine but putting the embossing folder over half the wrapper and lining the long edge of the embossing folder with one of the fold lines. Then I embossed the other side the same way. Since the fold line is already there, you don't notice a gap or line where the embossed areas meet.

I added a skull and crossbones treat bag that I made. You can download it here:

Make your own project with a skeleton or skull and crossbones and join us over at Paper Cutz Challenge Blog.

13 comments:

NancyD said...

Very cute project and a good way to reuse things - a candy wrapper - who would have thought. Very creative. NancyD

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani what a cute one this is-- I love the way he is holding up the sword!

Cheryl First said...

Oh my....that is SO CUTE!!

Raina said...

Aaaarrrh Matey, this project is just too cute!

TFS your talent with us! Come over and visit me if you get a chance!

Raina

p.s. I'm also your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [01 Oct 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! I love him!

Patti B said...

Your pirate bear is just too cute. He is perfect for this challenge. Way to use your great imagination.

Patti

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! And, love the little treat bag, too. Thanks for visiting and following my blog! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

You can't get much cuter than a bear pirate. Love it. TFS. x

Moments by Marla said...

Just found your site and it looks like there are a lot of things I need to look at. Thank you so much for this fun skeleton bag file!

Davi said...

Ah Jani that little guy is just way to cute! Lots of great details you have added :)

Sally said...

lovely bear, and thanks for the Halloween bag.
will put my thinking cap on for this next challenge

Tameko said...

Love your pirate bear. Such a fun project.