Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wildlife Silhouettes for Dad

June is always a busy month for me card-wise. Besides graduations and weddings, my DH's birthday is in June, followed by Father's Day, and then our wedding anniversary. So I make 3 cards to give my DH in the space of 3 weeks! You can imagine how difficult it is to think of 3 different masculine designs.


Here is what I came up with for his birthday...

Yep, you caught me. Now you see the real reason I made all the animal silhouettes that I featured as decorative covers for the pocket watch. 
(I will be showing more on the pocket watches later this week.)

On the front you can see some of the deer.


I cut them in Core-dinations card stock and tore and sanded the edges.

The bear would not fit on the front, bu I just could not leave him out so he is on the back...


  I would love to tell you the "eye" was intentional, but to be honest, it just happened when I sanded the edges. LOL


I have shown side step cards before. I was using measurements that I found online, but it always bothered me that the side areas did not line up better. I decided to play around with the measurements so that the side panels stair stepped up. Here is what I came up with...



Now I made this up so if you see different directions for a side step card using paper that is
8 1/2 by 11, you will know why mine may be different.

Here is the link to download the instructions and the cut files for the decorative panels. 
If anyone would like PDF templates, just leave a comment.

I will be adding these instructions to the "step card" tab under my blog header.

The animal silhouettes will be available in my Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani so elegant and lovely it looks and awesome you have give measurements for an A 4 card!

Myrna said...

Jani
Wonderful card.
Thank you for the template.
Myrna

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an amazing card. Love the masculine touches!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Trisha said...

I have never made a side step card I was happy with, but didn't know what was "off." Thanks for the revision instructions & file. I look forward to making a side step card I actually like!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Jani!! I love the papers you used and the embossing is fabulous!! What a perfect man card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rhonda Emery said...

super great card for a man love it.

Jean said...

This card is great. I haven't made a side step card before, but I want to try one.