Friday, July 6, 2012

Late for the 4th

Well these 4th of July projects did not get posted on time, but better late than never. LOL



The card is a regular A2 sized card that I made a chevron cut file for along with a 3D star. I thought it was a cute take on the traditional stars and stripes.

The firecracker is a little treat box.

I also had high hopes for another card. It started out as a "good idea" ...
  
Striped paper with 3D stars. But then I thought it would be so cool if I made the front of the card with star cut outs and had the stars attached to the back layer.

It was not until I had the card made that I realized my mistake. If the stars are cut from one side of the card and more stars are attached to the other side, THERE IS NO ROOM LEFT TO WRITE! LOL

Oh well, live and learn. :)

5 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Love the 3-d stars peeking through. You could always write around the stars. :-) ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

These are awesome, Jani!! The firecracker box is fabulous and I love, love the 3D stars!! I hope you have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love that firecracker box and how awesome are those 3D stars! Great job! :)

Cheryl First said...

I love the cut-through for the stars! Maybe a double card....like a book, to leave a place for a sentiment? Great job!

Cheryl First said...

I love the cut-through for the stars! Maybe a double card....like a book, to leave a place for a sentiment? Great job!