Thursday, August 9, 2012

Motorcycle Silhouette


Well my crafty friends, we all know how difficult it is to make masculine cards. I mean if you take away our flowers, ribbon, and bling and we don't know what to do. LOL

These silhouette cards I have been doing lately are perfect though. I just blend Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, and Barn Door distress inks together on Gloss card stock then cut out my images in black. Yes, I do spend a lot of time making the cut files first, but I am not counting that :)

This card is for my brother in law. He does not hunt so the wildlife silhouettes would not have worked. He does have a really cool motorcycle though. His bike is so nice that a simple one layer silhouette did not do it justice. I added in some details. (You know how I love details). I also added some glossy accents to parts of the bike that are shiny. 

I am not sure how common this outline is, but if you would like the cut file for it just email me and I will send it to you. papercompulsions@gmail.com

4 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

this is really awesome looking. love it.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Jani!! I love the distress ink background and the silhouette is just fabulous!! Amazing as always my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous Silhouette!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oooh so beautiful! Love the colours :)