Friday, April 19, 2013

Colored Candles

You might remember that we moved into a different house last Fall. In getting the house ready, I realised the white candles along the fireplace needed some color. I got my trusty alcohol inks out and got to work on the candles.


Here is a short 4 minute video explaining how I colored them.


My candles were old and have battle scars where our cats have knocked them over on several different occasions, but with a little ink, they look pretty good. (at least from a distance...LOL)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

They look so gorgeous!! What a great idea to use alcohol inks to color them!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Eva Laney said...

Very cool Jani, I like those a lot! I have the battery operated ones and they are all the plain vanilla white so this may work out well for me. Thanks for the video, great job ;)

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, very cool! What a GREAT idea!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an awesome job!!!