Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Cheerful Hello


As crafters we know how it is when we spend time, money, and our coveted craft supplies to make a handmade card or gift for someone and realize the recipient does not appreciate all the effort that you put into the project. We have all been there. I secretly start thinking about taking it back and keep it myself. LOL

Well, those times are completely eclipsed when we happen to give a handmade treasure to some one who really appreciates it. All the effort is instantly considered worth it to us. For example, my sister in law saves all my cards and displays them. My past Christmas cards are even a part of her decorations every year. My sister frames them. Totally worth all the time and work.

I gave a card to someone last year, and recently talked to several of her family members who told me how she just went on and on about that card. She even told my hubby that she does not remember anyone ever giving her such a special card. ...Well, of course, I melted. Not only did I feel appreciated, I was yearning to make her another card. LOL

So here is the card I made. :)  

I know she will appreciate it.


7 comments:

Rose Tresures said...

Jani, you are 100% right in everything you said. I do appreciate you showing us the beautiful card you made. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs, Patty

Rhonda Emery said...

this is beautiful. hugs

jennyplace2 said...

Just stunning and I can tell it was make with love! Just so beautiful!

Davi said...

Absolutely Stunning Jani!! The colors and flowers are amazing, you are the flower queeen for sure ;) It is so nice when people really appreciate all the work you put in to a card! Im quite sure this card will be a real treasure to her for sure!

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning, Jani!! I always stare in awe at your flowers!! They are amazing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

What a GORGEOUS card Jani! I love the beautiful flowers, pretty border and lovely flourishes! So elegant! Great job on this!
Sherrie K

alice smith said...

Beautiful & lovely as always. Very talented lady.