Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Combining the Old with the New

I have been playing with my Inca Gold pastes that I got for Christmas while trying to use up some of the stuff in my ever growing pile of "stash". One of the downfalls of being able to think of cool crafty things to do with most everything I see it that I want to collect it ALL. Then life happens and I never get around to using half of it. Well, I am trying to destash. To make it a bit more fun, I am also using some of my new products along with the way.

Here are a few cards I made using old papers, die cuts, and glitter along with my new Inca Gold Turquoise and a new embossing folder from Spellbinder's. 



I cut these butterfly pieces out of some self adhesive paper that I bought on sale last year and have barely used. I tired a new twist on glittering them. 
Here is a video.


Take a look at some of the other versions of this card.
  
I used Liquid Pearls instead of a die cut here.
The background is embossed with the same Mbossabilities folder. 

Here you see the same types of butterflies on a leaf die cut and old patterned paper.



I hope you give this little glitter trick a try and have fun using up some of your own stash. :)

4 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

beautiful cards....I love all the texture!!! TFS!
Sherrie K

Rose Tresures said...

Hi Jani, love your cards and the Inka Gold. I also loved your video. Thanks for all the hints. hugs, patty

Becky said...

Beautiful cards Jani, and gorgeous colors.

Davi said...

Stunning card Jani! I love the first one with the gold really gorgeous! All are beautiful and what different effects with the same folder :) Hope you have a great week!