Thursday, March 6, 2014

Coloring Flowers and Leaves


I am so ready for Spring to arrive and stay for awhile. I have been using a lot of bright colors in my cards and flowers hoping that Spring would hurry. LOL

For this cards, I used TH Distress Paints in Scattered Straw and Ripe Raspberry. For the background I put the paints on the paper then spritzed it with water to make the colors blend. The flowers were painted then the yellow flowers got an added touch. I spritzed my mat with water to pick up the left over paint from when I paint the flowers and brushed it on the petals.

Here is a 12 1/2 minute video showing the different ways I color my handmade flowers and leaves.

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani the colors are so unlike your ususal style but beautiful nevertheless!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautiful flowers and butterfly. Great tutorial too :)

Rose Tresures said...

Jani, I love, love, love your video!!! All your flowers are simply beautiful, and now I know why. ggg
hugs, Patty

Eva Laney said...

Hi there my friend, great video... I LOve your flowers, nice to get an insiders tips on how you color them :)

Davi said...

Beautiful Jani, cool video, your flowers always look so real and beautiful! I love the butterfly with them, it looks very real also. Hope you have a blessed week my friend ;)